The Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe (ACRE) brings together parties committed to individual liberty, national sovereignty, parliamentary democracy, the rule of law, private property, low taxes, sound money, free trade, open competition, and the devolution of power.
- ACRE believes in a Europe of independent nations, working together for mutual gain while each retaining its identity and integrity.
- ACRE is committed to the equality of all European democracies, whatever their size, and regardless of which international associations they join.
- ACRE favours the exercise of power at the lowest practicable level – by the individual where possible, by local or national authorities in preference to supranational bodies.
- ACRE understands that open societies rest upon the dignity and autonomy of the individual, who should be as free as possible from state coercion. The liberty of the individual includes freedom of religion and worship, freedom of speech and expression, freedom of movement and association, freedom of contract and employment, and freedom from oppressive, arbitrary or punitive taxation.
- ACRE recognises the equality of all citizens before the law, regardless of ethnicity, sex or social class. It rejects all forms of extremism, authoritarianism and racism.
- ACRE cherishes the important role of civil associations, families and other bodies that fill the space between the individual and the government.
- ACRE acknowledges the unique democratic legitimacy of the nation-state.
- ACRE is committed to the spread of free commerce and open competition, in Europe and globally.
- ACRE supports the principles of the Prague Declaration of March 2009 and the work of the European Conservatives and Reformists in the European Parliament and allied groups on the other European assemblies.